Australia’s taxation system is one of the most complex tax jurisdictions in the world. Rarely will a person’s or entity’s tax affairs be impacted by just one area of tax. At PGG Legal we have over 30 years of experience specialising in all areas of tax, both at the state and Commonwealth level. In advising on commercial structures, transactions, and business dealings, as well as individual tax affairs, we take a holistic approach in advising on all taxation issues, distilling the simple from the complex for our clients.
At PGG Legal, we provide the following Commonwealth tax services:
- Early engagement with the Australian Taxation Office.
- Application for private binding rulings and lodgement of appeals and objections. We have a very high success rate in rulings and objections.
- Voluntary disclosures.
- Providing reasonably arguable positions (RAPs).
- Income taxes, capital gains taxes, rollovers and reliefs, exemptions and Goods and Services Taxes (particularly in its impact on property transactions).
- Charity and NFP registration.
- Advise for both ex patriots and foreign based inbound investors and businesses.
We also provide the following state revenue services:
- Land tax and stamp duty.
- Application of appeals and objections.
- Conversion and amendment of trusts for both land tax and stamp duty purposes.
- Payroll tax and chain of hire controversies.
Peter is not only an incredibly experienced lawyer, he has provided invaluable advice and guidance on a number of general strategic business decisions. Peter has always been extremely very easy to contact and deal with and is a genuine person who exercises high levels of personal and business integrity.
Peter is a very pragmatic lawyer who I would say was a ‘go to’ person for tax and corporate tax issues. One of the reasons he is a ‘go to’ person is that he is interested in people / generous with his time.
Referred by our accountant, Peter handled complex restructuring issues within our family group of entities. His advice was professional, practical and easy to understand. After promptly dealing with this matter we further sought his advice on wills, trusts and company constitution amendments. I would have no hesitation in recommending Peter to any business large or small.
I have worked with Peter Gell since 2008, where he has provided legal services and advice across areas relating to companies, trusts, superannuation, estate planning and taxation. Peter’s level of knowledge has been outstanding, however the bonus has been his pragmatic approach and his ability to explain complex matters in simple, down-to-earth, language. Peter has been a pleasure to work with.